Monday, January 14, 2008

Winter Break Japan Trip Review (Day 1)

This past winter break I went to Nagoya, Japan with my parents and grand father. I finally got to uploading the pictures that I took onto my computer... haha... I will be posting based on the days we were there, so today I will post about Day 1 of the Japan Trip Winter 2007!!

The first day was mostly a travelling day. I had to get up at 4:00am to get to the airport which it self only takes about 40 minutes and the flight was at 7:00 am. The reason I had to get to the airport so early was because we are going with a package tour group and they wanted us to get to the airport early so they could gather the group and "brief" us with some rules and what to do in cases of emergencies. I was quite excited when I found out that the plane we are taking was EVA Airway's Hello Kitty Jet! I personally dont like Hello Kitty because of all the pink... but there are only two Hello Kitty Jets probably in the world and I was quite happy to be able to fly in one of them (Hello Kitty Jet II). Later on I found out that we are to come back to Taiwan also on a Hello Kitty Jet (Jet I this time!), hahaha... so I get to fly with both the jets in one trip~!

When we arrived at Nagoya, our first destination was Magome (馬籠) of Nakatsugawa (中津川市). I was told that this place was built in the 1600s basically as a rest area. The place is mostly hotels and places where people can stay over night due to it being on a popular travelling route that merchants and other travelers take during that time. The place was full of traditional buildings and the atmosphere was great! I had a look at the water sewer systems along the road and was amazed at how clean it is! The water was crystal clear and some of them even had small cages where fishes live. It was great walking around and looking at the different shops who mostly sell traditional Japanese wooden things like cups, chop sticks, etc. After Magome, the group headed to our hotel where we will be staying for the next two days. That was basically the first day which was mostly a travelling day and an introduction for what is to come in the next few days of the trip.

No comments: