Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Car's Mid-Life Upgrade!

Finally after about 2 months of headache and troubles, my car's mid-life upgrade is finally complete! I have to say I am very happy with the result of the upgrades. This upgrade was mainly aimed at replacing things that are about to reach their service life. Focusing mainly in the chassis of the car. Chassis components fail faster here due to all the salt that they spray on the road during the winter... I hate it when they do that... but, there is not much I can do to stop them from using salt so I guess I'll just have to live with it.. T-T... So, the mid-life upgrade consists of 3 items. First the brake rotors and brake pads are replaced because the stock ones are already warped and it was affecting my car's stopping power a lot up to a point where it started to get dangerous... >< Second upgrade is the suspension, the stock shocks and TRD springs were replaced with a set of HKS Hipermax RS coilovers. I have to say these coilovers are absolutely amazing! They firm up the chassis but at the same time they are not harsh like most aftermarket coilovers. Lastly, the stock windshield wipers are replaced with PIAA silicon wipers. Now the car feels totally different! It almost felt better than when the car was brand new :P hahaha... Well, my posts are really not complete until there are pictures... so here they are! Pictures after I washed the car and with all the parts installed! Enjoy~!


1 comment:

Shriram said...

i... see... door ding! wahahaha jk- looks nice, but i can't tell the difference. is it slightly lower?