Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Update

Hello~! Its been awhile since my last post! I have been really busy with work... the up coming few weeks would be even worst because it is the last weeks of work and deadlines are coming up! ><>< Well, to the fun part! Last week I had the chance to fire a real rifle for the first time in my life! This was actually a part of our experiment where we went to the shooting range and shot some bullets into our test pieces so we can determine what to do to repair these damages. The rifle we were using was an M1 rifle used in the Vietnam War. Up until last week, I have only seen the M1 in WWII games... Having the chance to not only see it but also firing it was amazing! We were each given a clip of ammo which is 8 bullets. I have to say the recoil of the rifle was not as bad as I thought, but the rifle was really powerful! We were shooting at targets about 100 meters away, the bullets were actually hitting the targets before the rifle started to recoil! That was how fast the bullets were! The experience was simply amazing!! Unfortunately I was not able to get pictures of me firing the rifle because I was so excited that I forgot to ask someone to take it for me... ToT but I did get some pictures! Here it is:


This is Loy, the owner of the M1
(I hope that is how I looked like when I was shooting :P)


The M1 rifle we were using


The bullets...
(I wouldnt want to be in the recieving end of this one ><)

Yesterday, I also had the chance to finally run my RC after months of waiting for parts to arrive from Japan... The car is a Toyota Chaser (JZX100) which is one of my favorite cars. It was really fun building up the RC including everything from the chassis to the exterior. The initial run had some minor setting problems where the car was vibrating like crazy... but after some adjustments the car ran great and I was able to have some fun and break in all the components. Now it is up to me to brush up my skills! Once I surpass the car's capabilities I will be looking into upgrading the chassis and engine :P As usual, here are some pictures:




1 comment:

nylnt said...

your RC looks super cute!