Wednesday, July 23, 2008

cue the dream sequence (2)

Hey folks- just decided to add another really strange dream I had last night.

It started with a school trip (not ISM, but a school which has now consolidated people I've met at Purdue with my ISM friends as well), to which I elected not to go, but decided to help people get there.

It starts in a helicopter, where I haven't brought any luggage for this trip, and others have; we reach out rather remote destination, and someone's scratched up their leg, and I'm helping them bandage it. However, when I turn around to get back on the chopper, the moment I toss my first aid kit in, the chopper leaves- leaving me stranded without clothes, for this week long trip. As I turn around, thinking about how dirty I'll be at the end of the trip (with only 1 set of clothes), the other party on the ground, leaves; I'm stuck alone, to find my own way. I go into the underground building where the tour must have led, and see a lot of people, calming my nerves. I walk up to the top of the building, where I can see the atrium, in an effort to find my class.

Here's where it gets interesting: in this continuity, Google's technology has apparently progressed to the point where GPS includes teleportation- so when my uncle calls (my cellphone is on roaming), I get transported to where my uncle and sister are sitting on a cliff, chilling and having a conversation. Unfortunately for me, I am brought to this location, hanging off the cliff with one arm, scared out of my mind. My uncle and sister try to pull me up, but the best they can do is to stabilize me, because I'm too heavy.

In the face of this cliff, is a model of a church, and so I ask my uncle (this is the one that actually works at Google) how to use that model to get transported to the church which is obviously on the ground. I keep trying to put my foot/finger into the church model, to evoke the Google Maps' functionality of taking me to the church, when my sister has an idea- "why not give the model a good wipe, so it's cleaner, and maybe will work better?" After cleaning the model church, I decide a different path for myself. Obviously, my uncle and sister got there somehow, so I figured I'd get them to leave, and then just use whatever method they used to get out of there, where I'd eventually find a city, and be able to fly back to my home.

Not unexpectedly, at that point, my foot hits the model, and I am transported to the church, which, much to my dismay, is abandoned. Of course, this wouldn't be my dream if weird didn't get weirder... in this church, I see everything as I would an RPG, and without my backpack, I have very few options for attack. But that comes in later- for now, I'm on a platform with creepy mouse like monsters on the ground, and I see a cutscene where someone is being mauled by a large monster, a couple of rooms away, and this "game" that I'm in has really irritating cutscenes, and shows me a lot of information that I don't need (random doors being opened/closed, etc).

When the camera relocates itself behind my head, I realise that the platform isn't high up, and jump down, running to the room where the man was being mauled. Once there, the monster charges, and my attack's aren't hurting it; all of my accessories and the like are in my backpack, and so I get stabbed through- game over, Shriram wakes up.

A strange dream, to say the least- but an interesting take of Google, RPG, and school trips that require helicopters.

Cheers folks, Shriram out.

ps- what's happened to Eric?! he's not answering emails or phone calls...
pps- how're you doing Loaw (Alex)? how's Ya Ying Jie doing?
ppps- Thanut... well, I still talk to you occassionally haha.

No comments: