Today's post is about a really strange dream I had last night. As most of you know (whether you wanted to or not), my dreams primarily consist of me playing observer to a scenario that defies reality, where I am not any of the characters directly involved. Another equally common dream is what's called a "lucid" dream, where I, although within my own dream world, am conscious to the fact, and am therefore able to exert influence on my dreams as they happen.
Last night's dream was neither of the two. It featured dream me, with sleeping me having no control in the matter. It started with a nested dream, where I was dreaming about something, and woke up into this present dream- followed by a scene fade to some sort of medical symposium on (I'm really not kidding) rabid chickens (yes, chickens with rabies). There were slides shown, and for someone who's never seen chickens with rabies (hell, I don't even know if chickens can get rabies), I had really graphic and somewhat grotesque images in my mind, as the narrator droned on about the various stages of degeneration that these chickens experience. I took 2 infected chickens in a coop home with me (the Gods only know why), and as I set down the coop in my apartment (which, strangely enough- wasn't my current apartment- and was gigantic in comparison), both chickens escaped.
In front of my relatively unwilling eyes, I saw one of the chickens peck the other one to death, and devour it as I sat and watched- scared out of my mind, yet strangely entranced. After its meal, the winning chicken eyed me expectantly- as if to indicate that the moment I put my feet down (I was sitting crosslegged in a slightly elevated couch) I was in for a world of pain.
It was at this point that sleeping me's mind registered that this was a stalemate- I wasn't about to put my feet on the ground, and that chicken wasn't going to be able to get up onto the couch to attack; resulting in the only logical conclusion to my dream, which was to end it and kick me awake.
This was by far the strangest and most disturbing dreams I've ever had, and I can only wonder why I would have such a graphically violent dream. If it were a result of TV, books or games, then I would wonder what on earth rabid chickens had to do with anything I've watched.
Iiiinteresting. Cheers, folks- Shriram out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment