Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Boeing 737 Relocation

Today for lab, we had to move the 737 forward to clear out some space for the Aviation Technologies building expansion construction that is due to start tomorrow! However, most likely I wont be able to use the new building since by the time of it's completion I will most likely have already graduated... ==' Well... today was really not the best day to move the aircraft to be honest... it was so cold outside... the temperature outside today was about -13 degrees C... Originally the plan was to get the tow truck out and do all the procedures, move the plane to it's new position and return all the equipments. Everyone was expecting a fast job. However, things always has a twist in them and today was no exception. The wheels of the aircraft were completely frozen to the ground and the aircraft wont move at all... Our solution was just to pour hot water over the wheels and try to melt as much of the ice as possible... but with the low temperatures we were only able to melt a little bit of the ice because some of the hot water actually froze too... sigh.. eventually we got the aircraft to move and towed it to its new position. Job Complete!! :D


This was how badly the wheels were frozen to the ground...



Some pictures of the aircraft as it was being towed.

1 comment:

BAO said...

It seems you have fun time, I got a EVA737 model,when I have time send picture to you.